November 14, 2012

Want a really nice Christmas? D.I.Y.


The CUTEST Christmas decor ever.



via

Nothing warms my heart more than a home draped in piney boughs with splashes of red mixed in: velvet, bows, berries. Stockings hanging from the mantlepiece. A douglas fir covered in tinsel, rainbow-colored blinkies, popcorn garland, and ornaments the kids made out of popsicle sticks. I'm definitely not one of these "modern" holiday decorators. A "tree" made of white aluminum sparingly covered with holographic balls? What is that, anyway? Gimme tradition. Gimme the smell of egg nog laced with nutmeg. Gimme thick hand-knit socks and mittens. This, to me, is Christmas. And in my opinion, Christmas is the time of year when handmade goodies should definitely abound. There's so many good ideas circulating on Pinterest right now. Here's a few of my favorites.

Woodland Wrapping from Odessa May Society
Woodland Wrapping by Odessa May Society



simple diy wreaths #decor
Skinny Boxwood Wreaths by Under the Sycamore

christmas kissing ball craft
Kissing ball by Good Housekeeping

green triangle fabric trees on pillow
Kid-crafted Holiday Pillow via Parentables

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas. I love Pinterest.
    I have to say though that the "kid-crafted" pillow actually looks complicated enough for me!

    ReplyDelete

No spam or profanity please. You're classier than that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...